Not that I intend to start my contributions to the class blog off on a bad note... but I am the antithesis of this class. I have never played a videogame or a computer game before and if I put my hand up in class it is because I am flat-out lying to you. Upon realising that perhaps I needed to be somewhat familiar with videogames to pass, I was suffering from what can be defined as a mild panic attack but this was put to rest when some bright sod in my life reminded me that there are plenty of ‘games’ for the ‘non-gamers’ out there. These are everyday activities cleverly hidden in the form of a video-game (I’m no doubt misusing the terminology but by video-game I mean everything I need to plug in to work). Perhaps the console I could most get enthused over is the Wii, specifically Wii-Yoga. Now while it seems like a really stupid idea and one that could end up really hurting an amateur yogi like myself, from all reports the Wii-Yoga is living up to expectations and the ideal which is supposedly guru-guided yoga workouts in the privacy of your own home. Am I missing the point here? This is still a videogame right? So really I’m balancing very carefully (thanks to the red-dot technology of the Wii Fit Balance Board) on the edge of ‘gamer’ territory. Imagine my surprise when I realise that the character I’m following on screen is none other than Polish model of the moment Anja Rubik, how exciting! My guru is an international supermodel! Wait...
In retrospect, it’s creations such as this that are helping guide the technically challenged into the world of gaming. Who knows, maybe this time next month I’ll be addicted to World of Warcraft.
Madeleine Simpson (1st Post)
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay im not alone!
ReplyDeleteWhen I enrolled into this course I really thought I didnt need to have any sort of gaming experience but you do really.
Have fun with your Wii-fit gaming :)