Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Entering the "Magic Circle"

Choosing to do a paper on video games I was quite apprehensive. My knowledge and experience of video games is limited. Or is it?
One of my earliest memories are of my brothers telling me that I was not allowed to use or go near their Sega Master System without their permission. Sometimes one of them would let me play a round of Streetfighter where I would basically press all of the buttons as fast as I could trying to emulate their moves.
As the 80s ended and the 90s came about the Playstation entered our house and once again I was not allowed to touch or go into their "magic circle" (as discussed in tutorials today) that would disturb the world of Final Fantasy.
Since then video games have been on the periphery of my day to day life, intrigued as I am by them I am yet to become a video game player. As I look at my 2 year old walking around the house with a game pad dragging the cord behind her I feel she will before me.

Candace Weir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.